Dienstag, 24. Juni 2014

Kuygan

23. - 27.06.2014

Kuygan is a small village in the Balkhash region in Kazakhstan. The village is only 10 km away from the Balkhash lake. A river runs through and afterwards flows into the lake. This location causes a very good possibilty for fishing industry. So most people living in the village Kuygan work as fisherman. Just as Kasina, the lady that hosts us in her house. She is the manager of one of the little harbours in the village.
Also the kazakh working group, we are cooperating with, concerns oneself with fish research. Three of the five kazakh students, that are helping me, are examining fish properties in different areas of Kazakhstan for their thesis.
I use the location of Kuygan as another observation site for my bird studies. Here I do observations directly at the river, but also in the steppe around the village.

24.06.2014

Ruslan

Ruslan and me are in the steppe north of Kuygan. We are walking around to search for plots, where I can do my next observations.
Ruslan is a PhD student and works on remote sensing of mountain areas in Kazakhstan for his doctor thesis. He is always equipped with a camera, a GPS and of corse a smartphone, that shows more maps.
He leads me the way into the steppe ...

Muell
The edge between village and steppe is used as a waste disposal site.
But actually people throw their garbage everywhere ...


Klo
Outdoor toilet


SteppePlot3
Steppe with Saxaul and Tamarix
Haloxylon ammodendron et Tamarix elongata


Vogelbusch


Duenen


BlickVonDuene
Look down from a dune


SalzseeTrocken


Sandhuegel


Trocken
Dried salty water site


BodenFussabdruck
Always when I drive or walk through the landscape of Kazakhstan I think:
"How can something grow here? It's so dry!"
But actually you find water everywhere somewhere ...


Strasse


TotSkelett
I settle, that this steppe is a very good plot for my bird observations!
So now we can walk back to our home ...


SchwimmenKuigan
... and have a refreshing swim in the river directly next to the house.


KuiganHafen
Our swimming spot is also directly next to the fisher harbour.

25.06.2014

The next day Niels and I go paddling. We paddle down the river towards the Balkhash lake. There we look for an other bird observation plot for me.

IchPaddelKuigan
I'm trying to coordinate our inflatable boat.



ZeltenKuigan

The plot we found is in a distance of 4 km from our home. So we decide to camp at my plot, because I have to start my observations with sunrise.

25.06.2014

The last night in Kuygan we have a small party.

NachtKuigan
Azim, Clare, Margulan, Argole, Ruslan, Niels and NA
(from left to right)


Schampanskoe
шампанское


WaescheKuigan

The next day we leave Kuygan and go to my third and last observation site, the Kunawski Bridge.

____________________

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen