Dienstag, 2. September 2014

Almaty

27.08. - 08.09.2014

I finished my work in Kazakhstan! So the next two weeks I can relax in Almaty (at least most of the time). On the side of enjoying my free time, I still have to do some categorization of bird data. But luckily professor Nurtazin organizes a trip to the Sorbulaq Lake, which is a nice bird watching site, and where I can clarify my last questions with the ornithologist Jewgeni.
Also one day I go for some hiking in the Medeu mountains nearby Almaty.

Teuer

Always it is so nice to come back to the city after staying in the fields and have all these comforts! But also it is much more expensive as I recognize while shopping in the international supermarket. (7 Euros for normal german milk and 26 Euro for soya milk ...)

02.09.2014

Bicycle

For one day I rent a bicycle. It's so much faster to go by bike to the campus of the university instead of going lost with the busses as usual. In the evening I make a bike trip to the city centre. It always goes downhill into the centre, but going back to the hostel I have to pedal uphill.

03.09.2014

ZooPark
In the Central Recreation Park in Almaty


ZooTalgar
Talgar and Margulan take me to the zoo.


ParkLake


Margulan
Margulan in the park


ParkWeg
Everywhere in public parks are amusement parks like Kok Tobe.


Madagascar
Alex, Melman, Gloria and Marty
(from left to right)
from the movie Madagascar


Steinbock
Ibex
Capra ibex
Steinbock


Mord
Predator kills dove ...


LionMe
I tamed the lion.


Flamingos
Greater Flamingo
Phoenicopterus roseus
Rosaflamingo


Owl2
Nice owl


DoenerBreak
My frequent food in Almaty is Döner.


NjamBear
Brown bear
Ursus arctos
Braunbär


Giraffe
Giraffe
Giraffa camelopardalis
Giraffe


Pelican
Great white pelican
Pelecanus onocrotalus
Rosapelikan


Leopard
Me and the snow leopard


BoysLeopard
Thanks to Margulan and Talgar to take me to the zoo.


ViewCampus
View on the university's campus


ViewTrees


Pigeon
City pigeons
Columba livia
Straßentaube


CampusNight
Nighttime

Soon I'm going back home ...

____________________

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen